No. 4 ranked boys lacrosse blows out Grayslake North on beautiful night at West Campus

Boys lacrosse breaks from a huddle during a beautiful sunset at Lake Forest High Schools West Campus

Colin Peters

Boys lacrosse breaks from a huddle during a beautiful sunset at Lake Forest High School’s West Campus

Colin Peters, Staff Writer

A gorgeous and warm night led to a great outcome for the highly ranked Scouts boys lacrosse team on Thursday night. Defeating Grayslake North in an 18-1 blowout, the boys showed strength and domination throughout the entire night. An eight goal first quarter had the momentum moving and it never stopped. The Scouts’ impressive offense shined and never stopped while also highlighting the defensive strengths of the team. The tight chemistry between brothers Tommy and Danny Van Camp created an unbreakable defense that only allowed one goal the entire night. They continued to pile on the goals throughout the rest of the game with five goals in the second quarter, two in the third, and three in the fourth. 

The high scoring performance can also be attributed to the goal of scoring 16 points for senior Henry Diefenbach who had his tonsils removed recently. Teammates honored his absence through hearts drawn and the number 16 on their helmet. 

The Scouts improve to 4-1 after this non-conference match up and take on out-of-state opponent Middleton of Wisconsin on Saturday morning at 11 a.m. at West Campus’s Varsity Field.