Boys Lacrosse Erases 4 Goal Deficit en Route to Upsetting No. 2 Glenbard West 10-9.

Colin Peters

A windy Saturday morning brought a heavyweight match-up between the no. 2 ranked Glenbard West and the no. 3 ranked Scouts to Lake Forest High Schools Varsity Field.  The Scouts entered the match after beating Fremd 12-5 to open the season. Glenbard West also entered undefeated after dominating no.9 St. Rita 15-3.

In the first quarter, the Scouts went down four to nothing before the offense could catch up. Freshman Emmett Lee brought Lake Forest back into the game with two goals in the period. “We were in this same spot last year against GBW when down 5-1. We needed to have the confidence and discipline to chip away at their lead one goal at a time,” coach Hone said when asked about overcoming the four-goal deficit.

Throughout the second half, the Scouts played catch up going back and forth with the Hilltoppers for the lead. Halfway through the fourth, the Scouts took a 10-9 lead from a goal scored by senior Collin Pfeiffle assisted by junior Brayden Thiergart to seal the win.

Freshman Emmett Lee would tally four goals in the come-from-behind win. coach Hone said, “He did a great job of converting his shots to four goals. He worked hard off the ball to get himself to good goal-scoring positions. Though a freshman, he played smart, poised lacrosse.”

Lee will be an integral part of the Scout’s offense throughout the year.

The Scouts take on Huntley at home on Tuesday at 5:00.