Which best describes your support for the ongoing student protests over the war in Gaza?

The Mean Girls Musical Really was Fetch

Photo+courtesy+of+Ella+Burns.+
Photo courtesy of Ella Burns.

This past weekend, the LFHS theater put on its well-awaited performance of Mean Girls The Musical. Many LFHS students and staff were very excited to go see the musical, but what did they really think of it?

All the actors were truly so talented and you could tell how much work each and every person put into the show, including the teachers, tech crew, actors, and pit orchestra. 

It was an amazing show that the whole audience seemed to love. Senior Allie Hektor says, “I went with my friends on Friday night and we loved it so much that we tried to get tickets for Saturday, but it was completely sold out! We were so sad, but it just goes to show how amazing the musical was.” 

The theater was packed on all three nights of the show, and fully sold out on Saturday night. The casting of the show was truly great and the whole cast is extremely talented. Art teacher Carolyn Bielski says, “The casting was fantastic, the characters were so believable in their roles, they drew the audience in. There were such dynamic and relatable relationships in the musical.”

Photo courtesy of Ella Burns.

Bielski also adds that “Lauren was so convincing the way she stayed in character.” Lauren Hanson, a freshman here at LFHS, played the role of Karen and did beautifully, many people from the audience were stunned to hear she was only a freshman. 

Not only did the crew do a fantastic job, but they also had a great time together. Ryder Gamrath, who played Aaron Samuels says, “I had such a fun time. I could not have asked for a better cast to spend my last show with. Everyone was so talented and I couldn’t help but smile and laugh at their expert performances.” Gamrath has been a part of the theater program for all four years of his high school career and has loved it. Out of every year, he says that Mean Girls has been his favorite musical that they have performed at the school.

Gamrath is not the only one who said Mean Girls was their favorite, Senior Nick Wehmeyer says “It was really good and really funny, definitely the most entertaining school performance I have witnessed.”

Although the show was great, there were worries from the cast and crew about the show because of the short time they had to pull the show together. Declan Boyle, who played Damian, says “It was amazing!!! We were pressed for time throughout the entire process, but it really came together in the end and made for an unforgettable experience. This was the most fun and talented group I’ve ever been a part of!” 

Even with cramped time the crew pulled the musical together and created an awesome show.

Andrea Constantine confirms this, she says “It was a really strong cast, with amazing talent.” 

Photo courtesy of Ella Burns

Overall, the whole audience seemed to love the performance of Mean Girls The Musical. Mean Girls was a great choice of a musical because of the huge fandom around the movie and musical, this enticed more students to go see the show. The theater program at LFHS has once again put on a noteworthy performance.

Co-director, Kelly MacBlane says “Mean Girls is a complicated show that was made more complicated for us with the resignation of our tech director in February. However, everyone involved- actors, tech crew, orchestra, and directing team- rose to those challenges to put on one of our most successful productions in the 15+ years I’ve been directing! Everyone had fun from those performing to those watching!”