Girls’ Volleyball Hosts Invitational

LAKE FOREST, IL. ─ This weekend the Girls’ Varsity Volleyball team hosted its annual Lake Forest Invitational featuring Carmel, Lakes, Highland Park, Hoffman Estates, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mundelein, and Regina Dominican. The action began early Saturday morning when Lake Forest stepped onto the court against Regina Dominican. Coming off a big win against Waukegan, the Scouts (9-12) were ready to show their skills at this year’s home invitational.

Lake Forest came out strong and swept the competition in pool play. They defeated  Regina Dominican in three games, Hoffman Estates in two games, and Carmel in three games. With a first place pool finish, the Scouts headed into a tough afternoon of crossover play. In the first crossover game, the Scouts faced off against the Lakes Eagles, a senior led, aggressive team. The Scouts fell to the Eagles 17-25 and 19-25. In the last game of the tournament, Lake Forest returned to the court facing off against Carmel for the second time that day. Their first encounter Saturday morning was close, but Lake Forest took the edge. In the afternoon, the Scouts came out tired and could not recover from Carmel’s early lead. Lake Forest fell to Carmel in three games and earned a well deserved fourth place finish in the tournament.

Multiple players stepped up big during this tournament. Caroline Graham finished the weekend with 31 kills and Soraya Burton added 35 digs. Also, Claire Mahoney had 52 assists during the weekend as the Scouts improved to (12-14).

For their last regular season home game, the Scouts will battle the Zion Benton Zee-Bees Wednesday night. Come support the seniors on their last game in the Competition Gym!