Annual Fashion Show set for Wednesday

There’s less than a week left before holiday break, and we all know what that means. It’s time for one of the greatest events of the year, the fashion show. This year, the three fashion classes have been working very hard and Ms. Cole can certainly attest to that.

My students have been working tirelessly on both their blogs and the show for the last few weeks. Production is working closely with Mr. Holmer while marketing, merchandising, and model team are organizing the whole event into a crazy amount of spreadsheets. We even have emcees making creative videos to play before the show starts. I am very proud of how well my classes are working together to put on all the shows.”

Now let’s get to the details.

First period has the theme of streetwear, which encompasses many different styles: casual preppy, denim, and even athletic leisure wear. This year, however, the girls are breaking out of the box and presenting pieces that they have designed themselves. The director of the first period fashion show, Lily Parasiuk, is excited to announce that the class is showing off the designs of their very own work. “The thing I’m most excited about is having my very own clothes that I have designed being put into the show, and I also know Vivian Ivonne, is also presenting her pieces in the show as well. It’s a very nice opportunity to be able to have–and to my knowledge I don’t think fashion shows in the past have had–student designs walk down the runway.” Get ready to see pieces you have never seen before. You can expect an enthusiastic presentation in both the stage design and setup, and the emcees of the show, so make sure to attend.

Third period’s theme is dark, urban, and edgy. It’s loosely based off the “Around the Edge” blog. Everything’s going to be black and white graffiti. It will be very similar to streetwear that you see every day with its own twist. They are getting clothes from popular stores like Aritzia, E Street, and Rock N Rags. I can assure you that there will be outfit combinations that you will definitely want to see, so make sure to attend third period’s show.

Eighth period is celebrating the holidays with their theme, Winter in the City. This show will be festive and focus mainly on Christmas and New Years outfits. But they will also be keeping in mind urban style and more edgy looks. There will be a lot of spirit that you won’t want to miss out on. According to the director, Lucy Surkamer, her class is going for a “festive ambiance,” by “decorating with christmas lights, providing hot chocolate, and keeping the fashion strictly to winter trends.” Many of the stores they are getting clothes from are popular stores among the students at LFHS, but they will also be using local stores as well. Make sure to attend so that you can get in the holiday spirit just in time for winter break!

Go to the library during lunch periods this Wednesday, December 13th to support the fashion merchandising classes and experience the annual fashion show!