TFS Recommends: Makeup Edition

As someone who has struggled to find the right makeup for my skin type and has tried almost every makeup brand in Sephora, I have realized the importance of clean makeup. Doing your research is important when it comes to putting products on your face. Below are my favorite clean makeup brands, and I can assure anyone that investing in good makeup will think it was  worth it in the long run.

Merit Beauty:

Merit Beauty is a great makeup brand if you are looking for clean ingredients and high quality products that are also extremely accessible. While being pocket sized and simplistic, Merit products also promise to not harm the skin. Compared to other brands, Merit Beauty is semi-affordable, with all of their products costing less than forty dollars. They use non-pore clogging ingredients which means their products are a great option for people who are acne-prone. These easy-to-use products will leave your skin looking amazing even after you take the makeup off. My personal favorites are the Bronze Balm, the Flush Balm, and The Perfect Complection Stick. These three products are the perfect set to having a simple makeup routine. 

Photo courtesy of Merit Beauty Instagram.

Kosas Beauty: 

This next-level makeup brand is user friendly and is safe to put on your skin. What really sets them apart from other makeup brands is the clean ingredients they use. Kosas makeup is actually clinically proven to actually make your skin better because it holds many  nourishing ingredients. Kosas products are gentle, so if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, this brand would be a great option for you! I love this brand because it feels lightweight on the skin while also feeling clean. My favorite products of theirs are the Revealer Concealer, the Air Brow gel, and their Cloud Set Setting Powder. These simple yet pleasing products are so easy to use and look flawless on the skin. 

Photo courtesy of Kosas Beauty Instagram.

Victoria Beckham Beauty: 

This amazing new brand has the perfect makeup products for someone who is not trying to get too complex in their makeup routine. Although Victoria Beckham Beauty is not an all-natural brand, they are a clean brand and aim to infuse naturally derived ingredients into their products whenever possible. This makeup is easy to rinse off as well as easy to use. While this brand’s products are long lasting, they also do not irritate the skin as you wash it off. The best thing about the makeup is that it only takes warm water to remove it. My favorite products from this brand are the Contour Stylus, the Highlighter Stick, and the Cheeky Posh. These products feel so good on the skin and do not break me out. I recommend these products to people with any skin type. 

Photo courtesy of Victoria Beckham Beauty Instagram.

ILIA Beauty:

ILIA is a great brand that is simple and uses active skincare ingredients in their makeup. Their commitment to keeping a sustainable brand, clean ingredients, and overall simplicity really puts them above other brands. Although their products can be a little more expensive – with most of their products ranging from twenty-four to fifty dollars – the benefits their makeup provides compared to other brands pays off. My favorite mascara – the Limitless Lash Mascara- is actually from ILIA! I love it because it is not clumpy and has allowed my eyelashes to grow without getting harmed  from the mascara. More of my favorite products from ILIA include the Super Serum Skin Tint with SPF, the Liquid Light Serum Highlighter, and the Base Face Milk. All of these products feel so nice on my skin and never have caused breakouts. 

Photo courtesy of Ilia Beauty Instagram.

Saie Beauty:

Last but certainly not least, Saie Beauty is one of my all-time favorite clean makeup brands. All their products are free from toxic chemicals while also being planet friendly. Not only is this makeup clean, it stays on all day and does not irritate the skin. Saie allows you to wear makeup and still keep a natural look. The makeup products contain hyaluronic acid for deep hydration, shea butter to keep skin moisturized, and glycerin to make your skin glow. My favorite products of theirs are the Glossybounce lip gloss, the Glowy Super Gel, and the Dew Blush. These products are more for people who are looking for a glowy makeup look, rather than a matte look, but I would definitely recommend these to anyone with sensitive skin. 

Photo courtesy of Saie Beauty on Instagram.