Boys’ Hockey Review

On Wednesday, the Scouts’ Varsity Hockey team played D155, a co-op of schools from McHenry County. Although it was a tough loss for Lake Forest, the team gave a strong performance. The score was 4-2 but D155 scored an empty netter at the end. Senior Captain Griffin Slobodnik said that “their goalie played phenomenal, but we definitely could have capitalized on a few opportunities.” Lake Forest plays them again in December and Slobodnik has “no doubt that we will be rolling over them.” Honorable mention to James Randolph and Sam Sheffield for playing exceptional!

The team also wants to mention the student section and thank them for coming out and supporting the team. The student section stayed late into the third period, keeping the energy alive and strong. This team has a over 30 games left in the season and will need to put this game in the past in order to motivate them and move on. No one likes to lose, but the team expects to take some hits here and there. It’s the team chemistry and outstanding coaching that will get them through though.

The Scouts play Evanston on Sunday and Slobodnik “sees nothing but great things to come!”

Keep it up, Scouts!

Upcoming Home games:

Sunday, Oct 7, 4:00 pm vs. Evanston @ Lake Forest College

Sunday, Oct 14, 5:45 pm vs. Lane Tech @ Lake Forest College