5 Netflix Series to Stream

With the holiday season officially gone, we are entering the most dreadful time of the year. It is still oddly cold and snow doesn’t make you as excited as it did in late November. The bad news is: Spring is about three months away and the weather doesn’t give you many options for activities to pursue. However, our one trusty friend is still always there: Netflix. So while it’s too cold to go out, here are some shows you can binge watch in the interim.

New Girl

If you’ve seen The Office, already binged Friends three times and Parks and Rec isn’t cutting it, New Girl is the show for you. The show is a hilarious sitcom that airs on Fox. It follows the life of Jessica Day and her three roommates that happen to all be guys. It is an hysterical series filled with quirkiness, laugh out loud moments and even a little bit of romance here and there. If you haven’t watched it already, this show is bound to entertain you. Netflix offers you seasons one through five.   

Atypical

A Netflix original that will warm your heart. The show follows Sam, an 18-year-old boy trying to find a girlfriend. However, for him it’s a little more complex than average. Sam was diagnosed with Autism when he was little and his situation obviously impacts the whole family. The show is a good one that is bound to spark some tears and even a few laughs. The show only has one season, so it can also be a quick watch that will be enjoyable for all.

Scandal

If a lighthearted sitcom isn’t really your speed, then I have a drama for you. The critically-acclaimed Shonda Rhimes came out with Scandal in May of 2012 on ABC. This show followed her initial success of Grey’s Anatomy. The show follows Olivia Pope, a political “Fixer” and her interactions with the United States Government. The show is full of plot twists and tear-jerker moments. If you need a show to suck you in and blow your mind, this is definitely the show for you. Netflix offers seasons one through six.

Mind Hunter

If you’re into crime shows, Mindhunter will shock you to your inner core. The show is a Netflix Original that aired in 2017. The show follows Holden Ford, a FBI Agent who specializes in the motives behind serial killers and their skewed mentality. It is known to be a very intense show and has even been considered “scary” for some. The show only has one season so it can be a quick watch. Check this insane story and get ahead of the trend.

Ozark

I know some may be thinking that the previous shows are sort of girly. However, this next show is one for the boys. Ozark is about a Chicago-based financial advisor who secretly relocates his family to the Lake of the Ozarks when his money laundering scam with the Cartel goes awry. Despite their efforts to escape their troubles, the Ozarks turn out to be a little more problematic than meets the eye. This action-packed, intense show is bound to draw you in. Netflix offers season one, so hop on the bandwagon before the second comes out.