Week 1-3 Intramural Rankings

With three weeks of Intramural Basketball officially in the books, here are the official top 20 rankings of the Men’s Basketball Intramural teams. 

Most improved team: Soak City

1. Soak City (4-0) 

Soak City is the only remaining undefeated team with more than three games played thus far. After dropping 37 on the Berkshire Pigs this past weekend, this surprise team takes home the #1 spot for this week.

1. Butter Burger Hoops (3-1) 

The Butter Burger squad takes the second overall spot for this week’s rankings. They beat the Bin Reapers this week by a commanding 12 points. This is definitely a team to keep an eye on as the season progresses. It is led by juniors Bink Hartline, Nate Williams, and Marty Hippel. 

1. The Lizard Kings (3-1) 

The Lizard Kings had a great week against our No.2 ranked team, Butter Burger Hoops, and while we think these two teams are very closely ranked, BBH has a slight advantage over the Lizard Kings. This strong, promising team has the tools to make a tournament push.

1. Puck Bandits (3-1) 

The Puck Bandits won a close matchup this week against Calliou’s Boys and have become a top threat in the junior class. They suffered a double-digit loss against the GSU Lopes the previous week prior, which puts them below the Lizard Kings and Butter Burger. This team is solid and looks to compete for a top 3 spot in upcoming weeks. 

1. Mambas (2-0) 

The Mambas forfeited their last game due to not having enough guys to form a solid lineup, which usually consists of seniors Demetri Fallidas, Luca Royer, and Collin Sinclair. This puts them in the lower half of the top ten. but don’t underestimate the potential this Senior squad has.

1. Taj Tusslers (2-1) 

The Tusslers have bounced back after suffering a tough week one loss to the Mambas by showing up and winning consecutive games in consecutive weeks. This team has a few studs who can break out any given week and should be in the top five conversations once everything is said and done.

1. Pushing Positivity (3-0) 

Pushing Positivity has been hot lately, amassing two double-digit wins in as many weeks. This team is large and has some depth off the bench. This team doesn’t have as much potential in their starting five as its other Junior counterparts hence being lower in our rankings.

1. Bread Basket Elite (3-1) 

Bread Basket Elite sits at 3-1 this weekend after narrowly beating the No.3 ranked Lizard Kings. This junior team has proven that they can stay afloat against tough competition, and they will hope to bounce back after a tough week against the Puck Banditz.

1. Bearcats (2-2) 

The Bearcats breakthrough at the No.8 spot as our only sophomore team in the top 10. They sit at an even 2-2 record after a dominating 27-point victory against the senior-led Big Body Ballers last weekend. 

1.   Handlers (1-2) 

Heading into week four of action, this senior-led squad sits a game under .500 with a dominating win over fellow senior team GSU, the Handlers seek to continue their momentum heading into tournament play.

1. GSU Lopes
  2. Bin Reapers
  3. We are Purple
  4. Big Body Ballers 
  5. Berkshire Pigs
  6. McLovin’s men 
  7. Caillou’s Boys
  8. The Magic Johnson’s
  9. Orangeade
  10. Blue Hoopers

$500
$800