Week 8 Fantasy Football

Graphic by Taylor Ross

Players To Trade High

Minnesota Vikings Wide Receiver: Jordan Addison 

He is currently ranked thirteen among all wide receivers in the NFL. He is looking solid after a massive game with 31.3 points and a win against one of the best teams in the league. With a win against the San Francisco 49ers, star wide receiver Justin Jefferson will be looking to return as soon as possible. When Jefferson returns, Addison will get way less work, so that he will drop off a lot in fantasy.

Cleveland Browns Running Back: Jerome Ford

Ford had an explosive week against the Indianapolis Colts, having 17.4 points. Nick Chubb getting injured brought a lot more work to him, but the Cleveland Browns acquired Kareem Hunt (a short yardage back). Hunt will be in more red zone carries, giving Ford fewer touchdowns. After having two solid weeks, trading him now is the best option for fantasy managers.

Players To Trade Low 

Los Angeles Running Back: Austin Ekler 

After having two significantly underperforming weeks with backup Joshua Kelley outscoring him by 7 points. He has been underwhelming after returning from injury, but this is because he hasn’t been able to practice. Managers have lost match-ups because of his low production and will be willing to trade for a better guy. He has a lot of upside with playing some of the worst defenses in the league coming up. 

New Orleans Wide Receiver: Chris Olave 

Olave has struggled to be consistent throughout the past few weeks, but it is not his fault. Quarterback Derek Carr has been very underwhelming with downfield passing. He has thrown a record one hundred and five passes the past two games, but most have been check-downs or poorly placed balls downfield. Also, Olave has been in the news recently arrested for reckless driving. With all this controversy, managers are scared of what they can do in the future, but I am hopeful. Derek Carr has struggled with a groin injury, which he will recover from, and they play some of the worst defenses in the league. Having him for the next couple of weeks could win your match-up.

Pickups 

Baltimore Ravens Running Back: Gus Edwards

This fantasy football year, running backs have been challenging to come by. This week, the Ravens play the Arizona Cardinals. After dominating the Detroit Lions last week, Quarterback Lamar Jackson showed off his in-the-pocket passing skills more than his running ability. This opens up the door for Edwards as seeing this formula work against one of the best teams in the league; he will continue to get work.

Indianapolis Colts Wide Reciever: Josh Downs

Downs has been a strong candidate for wide receiver for the Colts. He has been under the radar until this week, having 23.5 points against one of the best defenses in the league. Downs makes a lot of explosive down-the-field plays. Downs and Quarterback Garnder Minshew have been on the same page, which means he will continue his explosiveness. If Downs is still in your league’s market, pick him up.

Booms

New York Jets Running Back: Breece Hall

Coming off a bye week, Hall has been showing why he should be a RB1 for the Jets. Having over 20 points these past two weeks and a bad New York Giants defense, I see a big week ahead. He has been a rushing and receiving threat, which is a perfect thing to have a big week. I see him having another 20+ weeks and counting his dominance throughout the year.

Los Angeles Chargers Wide Receiver: Keenan Allen

After having his first week under 10 points, managers might be worried, but they played one of the most dominant teams in the league that doesn’t let teams have many opportunities. This week, he is playing the Chicago Bears, who have been very lackluster. I see him having an explosive week and torching the Bears for many points.

Busts

Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver: Tyreek Hill

This might sound unbelievable to most managers, but he is playing the New England Patriots. The past two times Hill has come against the Patriots, they have held him to under fifty-five yards. Head coach Bill Belichick has created solid game plans against him and knows how to shut him down. Last week, the Patriots’ defense put on a show, beating the Buffalo Bills. I don’t see Hill having a big week and possibly his worst week all year.

Indianapolis Colts Wide Receiver: Michael Pittman Jr.

Pittman only had two receptions for eighty-three yards and a touchdown last week. Without one explosive play, he would have had 2 points. Also, Josh Downs has been getting more and more work every week. Pittman goes into a tough match-up against the New Orleans Saints, who have been good against the pass. He is the WR1 for the Colts, so defenses will game plan for him, which will limit his targets. I would switch him out of your lineup if you have another flex or wide receiver.

An earlier version of this story gave an incorrect charge against Chris Olave. It’s been fixed. The Forest Scout regrets the error.

View Comments (1)
$500
$800