Scouts Look To Build On Runner-Up Finish

The Varsity Boys Golf team is coming off a runner-up finish at state and has plenty of talent on the team–returning and new. The veteran players include seniors Danny Fisher, Erik Luedeking, Sam Davis, and junior Patrick Moorhead. The team also boasts young talent with sophomores Charlie Haggerty and Colin Jasper joining them this year. Also, Jack Marshall joins the Scouts as the sole freshman.

Thus far in the season the Scouts are coming off a second place finish in the Warren Invite, finishing behind power house and reigning state champion Hinsdale Central. Senior Danny Fisher had this to say about the invite, “It was a tough day for scoring and I am frustrated with our second place finish, but I have to say I am impressed by freshman Jack Marshall and his ability to handle his nerves in tough situations.” Fisher, who recently committed to Miami University (Ohio) to continue his golf career, has high praise for the talented freshman.

The Scouts are joined by two players that have moved from Arizona in Jasper and senior Jacob Trevino. Trevino is back after spending a year in Arizona and adds a consistent scoring threat to the Scouts roster. Jasper, a long time native of Scottsdale, “hits the ball a mile,” according to Fisher.

My prediction for Lake Forest is a strong run to the State Championship at the Den in Bloomington, Illinois. Once they get to Bloomington, anything is possible for this team. The senior leadership meshes very well with the young talent on the team and a State Championship is their goal.