What's your ideal spring break spot?

Fisch sweeps the competition at NSC championships

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill.– Though many Scouts gymnastics fans were impressed with the team’s 3rd place overall finish in Saturday’s NSC Championships behind Mundelein, who won their 5th straight conference crown, and Stevenson, freshman Kristin Fisch had a whole new storyline developing. Outside of the drama for the first place finish, which Mundelein eventually won 141.3-140.925 over their rivals from Lincolnshire, Kristin Fisch picked up the All-Around crown after individually winning each event.

The Scouts’ team score of 136.875, which was catalyzed by Fisch’s incredible scores on the vault, balance beam, floor exercise, and uneven bars, was good enough to beat out Lake Zurich (136.7), Warren (133.2), and Libertyville (130.93). Fisch’s domination of each event paced her to a total score of 37.8, an average score of 9.4 among all four events, which was good enough for her to cruise to a near two point finish over the runner-up finisher, Mundelein’s Aubrey Kafka (35.9).

Fisch, who has broken Lake Forest program records over the course of the year, is continuing her record-setting season at an incredible improvement pace.

Congratulations to Fisch and the rest of the Scouts on an outstanding performance on Thursday night. From here, the Scouts will compete in the New Trier Regional on Tuesday, January 30 in hopes of qualifying for the Niles North Sectional on February 6. Ultimately, Fisch could end up competing with the state’s best at the IHSA State Meet hosted by Palatine High School in February.

Lake Forest, which qualified for four consecutive IHSA State Meets from 2009-2013, is rebuilding the program’s prestige under head coach Megan Miles. The Scouts’ highest finish at the state meet was in 2011, when they finished 2nd under then head coach Robin Straus. The Scouts also won a trophy in 1985, when they finished in 3rd place overall. The program boasts 9 IHSA Regional titles in its history and is looking for number 10 next week.