Kristin Fisch and Taylor Cekay Qualified for State

Logan Hanekamp

Last Wednesday night the Girls’ Gymnastics team traveled to Stevenson to compete against a variety of teams for sectionals. The Scouts arrived last Wednesday and earned a well deserved fifth place with a score of 138.425. While the team consists of mainly underclassmen, they did not shy away from the pressure that post-season brings.

With much club experience, the young team came and brought it all to the meet on Wednesday. Congratulations to sophomore Kristin Fisch and freshman Taylor Cekay for qualifying for state.

This season marks Kristin Fisch’s second year on the team and a second time qualifying for state. Just last year, as a freshman, Fisch qualified for state the IHSA Girls’ Gymnastics State Tournament in the floor event. This season, Fisch qualified for state again. Wednesday night she placed 4th on beam (9.2), 3rd on floor (9.2), and 2nd place All-Around (36.9). These scores automatically sent her to the IHSA 2019 State Tournament.

As only a freshman, Taylor Cekay is already making her mark on the LFHS Gymnastics’ Team. Cekay will join Fisch at the State Final Meet this weekend. At sectionals, Cekay scored a 9.475 on beam where she tied for first place with Carmel’s Clare Keane. This incredible score will send Cekay to State this weekend on this event.

The two underclassmen have been working hard this season to prepare for the State Final Tournament at Palatine High School this coming Friday and Saturday. Good luck to both Kristin Fisch and Taylor Cekay this weekend!