Scouts take on Stevenson in marquee match-up

Tonight Lake Forest takes on Stevenson (3-3) in their second NSC contest. The Scouts, who haven’t defeated Stevenson in Coach Kyle Wilhelm’s tenure as head coach, come into the game with a conference record of (2-0) having defeated Mundelein and Waukegan in their first two NSC contests.

Their first real conference test, however, comes when the Scouts welcome Stevenson to town, a team they have not defeated in Coach Wilhelm’s tenure at Lake Forest. Stevenson, though they lost to Warren 33-28 in their last conference affair, takes on the Scouts under the direction of head coach Ashley Graham. So far this season they have defeated St. Charles East, Schaumburg, and St. Viator so far this season.

Stevenson’s key, of course, will be trying to limit the offensive production of sophomore Halle Douglass (10.4 PPG), who is the only Scouts player averaging double digits on offense. However, help comes in myriad forms for Wilhelm’s bunch as Jen Whittington (7.6 PPG), Ellie Pearson (6.4 PPG), and Lily Trkla (6.3 PPG) are all in the fold offensively while senior Audrey Kaus anchors the Scouts defensive effort.