10 Questions with Stacey Leach

Molly Fisher, Staff Writer

For the 2020-2021 season, Stacey Leach has become the new head coach for the girls varsity basketball team. Coach Leach played basketball at Warren Community High School all four years during her high school career. She continued her basketball career playing at The University of Chicago. In order for the LFHS community to get to know Coach Leach, here are 10 fun facts about her.

1. How has basketball impacted your life? 

Basketball has been a blessing in my life. It has allowed me to build lifelong friendships, travel the world, and attend an amazing university. Basketball helped shape my character, taught me life lessons and will always be a big part of my life.

2. Was being a basketball coach always a goal of yours?

Yes, I knew in high school I wanted to be a coach. I love the game!

3. What are your goals for this season?

I think the biggest goal this season is just to enjoy it. Whether we win or lose, it’s great to be back in the gym. 

4. What’s the best advice you could give a high school athlete?

Learn to love the process. Work hard now and develop good habits as it will pay off in the long run.

5. What’s a fun fact about you that people wouldn’t know?

In college, I took 4 years of American Sign Language. Is that fun though?

6. What’s your favorite basketball memory?

I’m going to stay in the moment and say my favorite basketball memory is becoming the head coach for the LFHS basketball team!

7. What is your favorite thing about being a coach?

My favorite part of being a coach is working with kids. I think it’s awesome to see young athletes at a starting point and then over the course of the years start to grow and achieve through hard work. 

8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

I would love to travel to Hawaii or Croatia. From what I hear, they are both beautiful, warm places. 

9. What is your favorite go-to Starbucks drink?

Trenta Iced Green Tea or Irish Cream Cold Brew.

10. What is your favorite restaurant to eat at?

Gibson’s steakhouse.