Girls basketball earns NSC win over Mundelein in home opener

Girls+basketball

The Scouts won their first North Suburban Conference contest by a score of 40-32 last night in the Competition Gym. The Scouts (4-2) took on the Mustangs from Mundelein (1-5) in a primetime 7:00 pm matchup and used their size and stout defense to deter the Mustangs and held them to only 36% shooting from the field. The Scouts had a tough time offensively, but sophomore point guard and leader Halle Douglass hit two threes and scored 12 points to help lead the Scouts to a hard-fought win. With 12 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists and 9 steals, Douglass continues to dominate this season. She added her second Division I offer from Valparaiso University this past weekend.

Look for continued improvement and a larger leadership role for Halle Douglass as the season rolls on.  Another player that really clicked for the Scouts last night was Junior Ellie Pearson, who also poured in 12 points and shot a perfect 100% from the field and free throw line. In total, the Scouts forced 18 turnovers and definitely took advantage of that, turning their defense into easy scores on the offensive end.

The Scouts took a big step forward by winning their first conference contest and will look to consistently improve and grow as a unit as games against tougher teams like Warren, and Stevenson grow near. The girls play tomorrow at Waukegan’s historic gym at 7:00 pm. Put on some blue and gold and go support the Scouts!