How you feeling about prom on a boat?

TFS: Recommends: Summer Concerts

As someone who loves concerts, and is always excited to see what new artists are coming to town!  Here are some upcoming artists and festivals that are definitely worth your time this summer!

Windy City Smokeout 

Every year the United Center hosts Windy City Smokeout right in their parking lot, from July 11th-14th  An amazing outdoor festival consists of many amazing country artists featuring big names and many upcoming artists. This year Windy City’s headlines are Thomas Rhett, Parker Mccollum, Cody Johnson, and Carrie Underwood. However, there is more than just music, the festival hosts many delicious vendors. A four-day pass to see these artists prices range from $255 -$330 depending on the package you choose.

Photo courtesy of Country Thunder Instagram.

Country Thunder Milwaukee

To add to the essential concerts that are a must-see this summer, Country Thunder is a classic that is talked about every year! This concert takes place in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, and is from July 18th- July 21st. This year’s festival headlines are Eric Church, Nickelback, Lainey Wilson, Koe Wetzel, and Bailey Zimmerman. Tickets range anywhere from $250-$700. Country Thunder is a must-see if you love country music!

Photo courtesy of Lollapalooza instagram

Lollapalooza 

Next up we have a Chicago favorite since 1991, Lollapalooza. This four-day outdoor festival is hosted in Chicago every August in Grant Park, this year from August 1st to 4th. The setlists vary from hip-hop, techno, alternative rock, etc. This year Lollapalooza’s headlines are SZA, Tyler The Creator, Blink-182, The Killers, Future X Metro Boomin, Hozier, Stray Kids, Melanie Martinez, and Skrillex. More than 170 artists will take over the eight stages of the four-day event. One-day tickets can range from $149-$2,080 (Platinum), two-day tickets starting at $299, and four-day tickets ranging from $409- $4,500. This is a festival you won’t want to miss!

Photo courtesy of Kenny Chesney’s instagram.

Kenny Chesney: Sun Goes Down Tour

To add onto the country music trend, Kenny Chesney is coming to Soldier Field along with Zac Brown Band, Megan Moroney, and Uncle Kracker! Tickets are on sale now for June 15th! Tickets range from $81 to $350. Kenny Chesney’s music screams summer and is perfect for all ages! 

Photo courtesy of Summer Smash instagram.

Summer Smash

Lastly, we have Summer Smash, also known as The Lyrical Lemonade. This festival started nearly five years ago and is returning for its 6th consecutive year. It is located in Bridgeview, IL which is about 45 minutes away from Grant Park. The festival will be held June 14th-16th. Tickets will range from $385-$1575. The music typically played at this festival is Hip-Hop, and the headliners include Travis Scott, Don Toliver, Sheck Wes, and Chief Keef. There will be over 50 artists performing and over 100,000 attendees, so purchase your tickets soon, they sell out fast!