Mean Girls the Musical Coming to the Stage This Weekend

On Wednesdays they wear pink!

The LFHS production of Mean Girls The Musical is coming to the stage Thursday through Saturday. After two months of hard work, the cast is ready to show everyone what they’ve been working on. 

Mean Girls the Musical highlights new girl Cady Heron and her life adjusting to North Shore High School. With the help of her new friends Janice and Damian, she joins the plastics and sees what it’s like to be friends with Queen Bee Regina George. 

The show will be entering the Illinois High School Musical Theatre Awards. In order to qualify for any awards, the show must be no later than this weekend (April 20-21). This approaching deadline caused the cast and crew to have one week less than normal to prepare. 

“Without the immense talent that we have been used to with the previous class there has been a lot to make up for and big shoes to fill and with making up that lost time there has been no time for dilly-dallying,” said junior Declan Boyle. 

Besides the time crunch, the cast and crew “faced a number of challenges” said Co-Director Kelly MacBlane. They welcomed a new vocal director in the fall, and since the tech director left earlier this year, Mr. Corey Holmer has stepped up and taken over the position.

“There were various points leading up to the show that I was getting really nervous about its outcome. But it has really come together and we have accomplished some of the really challenging things that we have been able to do. The adults have stepped up, students have stepped up, it’s truly going to be an amazing show,” said Mrs. MacBlane, who directs the show along with Mr. John Wanninger.  

The musical is always the last production the LFHS Theater Department puts on. It is the seniors’ final opportunity to take the stage. 

Mean Girls has been a super fun last show especially because a lot of seniors left last year, and we have a lot of underclassmen who have shown up and worked super hard, and it’s super awesome to see what the seniors are leaving behind. Even though we have had some setbacks because we’re on a time crunch, I think we pulled it together really well,” said Dance Captain Sophie Loiacano. 

A power duo in the show is best friends Janice Ian and Damian Hubbard. The casting for these roles could not have been more perfect since Janice and Damian are played by twins in real life, juniors Siobhan and Declan Boyle. 

“It’s given a good foundation for our character work because they are  best friends in the show and we spend so much time together already that we don’t need to build up that chemistry,” said Declan Boyle.

Cast and Crew backstage during dress rehersals

The Mean Girls cast and crew is more than excited to perform this weekend. They have been wearing pink on Wednesdays for months. Mrs. MacBlane even gave herself the challenge of wearing pink every day this school year, even on the days we have off. 

“These last two weeks have been surprisingly smoother than the previous years so I love the teamwork that everyone has put together here,” said MacBlane.

Tickets can be purchased online for $17 for adults and/or $10 for students and seniors. You can also purchase tickets at the door for $20 for adults and $13 for students and seniors. You cannot purchase a ticket with an activity pass.  Buy Tickets Here! It’ll be so fetch!

Directors: Kelly MacBlane and John Wanninger

Tech Director: Corey Holmer

Music Director: Andrea Taylor 

Orchestra Director: Robert Bassil

Choreographer: Val Gonzalez

Costume Designer: Dawn Neal 

CAST 

Regina George: Sarah Noble 

Cady Heron: Nora Sharman  

Damian Hubbard: Declan Boyle 

Janice Ian: Siobhan Boyle 

Gretchen Weiners: Kayden Prieto 

Karen Smith: Lauren Hanson

Aaron Samuels: Ryder Gamrath 

Ms. Norbury: Taylor Ross

Principal Duval: Jill-Marie Berg 

Ms George: Kallista Schneiderman 

Ms. Heron: Katie-May Newman 

Mr. Heron: Brady Stadolnik 

Coach Carr: Henry Laufenberg 

Kevin G: Nico Caputo

Bippy Lee: Jill-Marie Berg

Sonja Aquino: Oni Villanueva

Caitlyn Caussin: Sophie Loiacano  

Taylor Wendall: Ana Dollard

Rachel Hamilton: Millie Foley

Sophie Kiwachi: Carina DiVito

Glen Cocco: Emilio Fernandez Garcia

Dawn Schweitzer: Lily Kienzle 

Shane Omen: Liam Sheridan 

Grace A: Katie Kollasch 

Carolyn Kraft: Clare Kaiser

Lizzie Therman: Jay Rener

French Teacher: Isabella Montanari 

Teary Girl: Kaia Few

Marymount Mathletes: Emilio Fernandez Garcia, Clare Kaiser, Will Trager, Nathan Pfal.

Ensemble: S. Patt, Fiona Inkman, Daniel Flores, Alice Jenkins, Kallista Schneiderman, Katie-May Newman, Jill-Marie Berg, Oni Villanueva, Sophie Loiacano, Ana Dollard, Millie Foley, Carina DiVito, Emilio Fernandez Garcia, Lily Kienzle, Liam Sheridan, Katie Kollasch, Clare Kaiser, Brady Stadolnik, Jay Rener, Will Trager, Isabella Montanari. Nathan Pfal, Kaia Few. 

CREW

Stage Manager/Sound Design: Georgia Sottosanto-Sorensen

Backstage Manager/Light Design: Lucy Malloy

Light Operator: Gavin Roby

Microphone Manager: Claire Smith

Sound Assistant: Emm Fickes-Wagaw

Sound Operator: Evan Spezzano