Meet Our Camp Talent Show Wilderness Leaders: Ryder Gamrath and Taylor Ross

Corey Holmer

While a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, as Mr. Holmer likes to say “never go into the unknown without a plan.” Fortunately for Camp Talent Show, LFHS has secured extraordinary guides to take us through all 2024 miles of the Camp Talent Show Trail.  This year, our emcees, Ryder Gamrath and Taylor Ross, will bring everything we need to make our trip memorable. Comic relief, stellar act introductions, and setting the vibe for the evening, our emcees are ready for the biggest challenges and ensuring the audience has the most exciting adventure.

Having been involved in Talent Show since freshman year, both Gamrath and Ross carry with them the experience we need to go into the unknown. They have earned the requisite badges for strength under pressure, silliness before others, willingness to stand before others and talk.

Further, the two display a friendship that makes it unlikely that they would be willing to eat each other if things get really bad at Camp Talent Show. After all, Gamrath and Ross have been friends since their time in middle school. They continued to strengthen their relationship through acting in PASTA Summer Camp plays. 

“We’ve been partners in crime ever since,” Gamrath said.

While Gamrath and Ross are keeping the perilous route through Camp Talent Show to themselves, “just know that there is going to be a lot of camping gear involved- tents, fishing, canoeing, and bears,” Gamrath said.

Leading Camp Talent Show is four years in the making for Gamrath and Ross who made a blood oath pact during their freshman year that they would audition to be emcees their senior year.

“As soon as Taylor and I started working on the talent show crew freshman year, we promised each other we would try out in 2024 and here we are!” Gamrath said.

With such dedication, a desire to make people laugh, and a promise to make Camp Talent Show bigger and better than last year, this year’s Talent Show is guaranteed to be the wildest ride in the wilderness.  

“This will be the best year yet,” Ross said.

Gamrath and Ross look forward to leading the way on The Camp Talent Show Trail Feb. 22-24. They promise singing, jamming, laughing, dancing, and magic.