Which best describes your support for the ongoing student protests over the war in Gaza?

Camp Hope’s Upcoming Community Weekend

Camp Hope’s summer program enjoying a sunset (@camphopeiIllinois on Instagram)

Camp Hope is a five-day recreational and residential summer camp in the Chicago area for teenagers and young adults with developmental disabilities. This weekend, going on for three days from Dec. 1-3, is Camp Hope Weekend, so get into the holiday spirit and visit these local businesses to support Camp Hope.

Camp Hope offers summer camp activities such as swimming, dancing, singing, arts and crafts, adaptive sports, cookouts, a magic show, and a carnival.

The Camp Hope Community Weekend funds go to sponsor one of the 48 campers in 2024. Specific donations go to other funds. For example, $2000 sponsors one camper for a week, $1000 sponsors a camper for half of a week, $500 goes towards camper registration and scholarships, and $300 goes towards camp activity supplies. 

“We hope that while supporting our local restaurants/yoga studios, we can come together during the holiday season and enjoy quality time with each other and share meaningful conversations about an amazing organization,” Camp Hope board member Joseph Santello said. 

@camphopeillinois

The weekend begins Dec. 1. This Friday, the businesses supporting Camp Hope are Toned Yoga and Lolo’s Bowls. Toned Yoga in Lake Bluff is having a 4 p.m. class. Stop by Lolo’ s Bowls in Libertyville for a delicious acai bowl or smoothie anytime from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.., and make sure to mention Camp Hope Illinois at the register. 

Saturday, Dec. 2 includes another class at Toned Yogaat 11 a.m. In addition, feel free to visit LF Juice from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. because 30% of all sales will go to Camp Hope.

@camphopeillinois

The final day of the Camp Hope Community Weekend is on Sunday, Dec. 3. Left Bank in Lake Forest is open this Sunday to support Camp Hope from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.. The Lake Bluff Chipotle is also supporting Camp Hope on Sunday. When buying your food, show the Do Good With Chipotle flyer.

There are many additional ways to get involved with Camp Hope such as the Camp Hope holiday party coming up at Croya in early Jan.. Camp Hope is always looking for buddies to volunteer over the summer- it is a five day commitment and applications will be out on the Camp Hope website soon.

“If you cannot commit to a full week of volunteering, there are other ways to get involved, like helping with dorm duty, arts and crafts, PE, and even lifeguarding,” Santello said.

Start the holiday season off right by supporting Camp Hope. More information is available on the Camp Hope Illinois instagram and website at https://www.camphope illinois.org/about.