On Our Own Turf: Field Hockey Set to Play in the State Semi-Finals

LFHS hosts the 2023 ISHA state playoffs and the Varsity Field Hockey Team is set to play GBS in the semi-finals this Thursday
Graphic by Alexandra Mower
Graphic by Alexandra Mower

The Varsity Field Hockey Team is not here to mess around. They are playing in the IHSA State Semifinals at LFHS’s West Campus on Thursday, Oct. 25th at 7:00 PM against top-ranked Glenbrook South. The teams are playing for a chance to advance to the State Championship game which will most likely be against New Trier. The players are well prepared for this game, and the student section is ready to back them up.

“We have been watching their film and marking their players to help prepare us for what moves they are going to make,” said senior captain Maisie Henshaw. 

The Scouts are confident in winning this game and hope to be able to make it to State.

“I think this game is going to be very physical with lots of bickering,” said senior Lissy Blume. “We are both very competitive teams and I think this game is going to be a close one.” 

The Scouts have been practicing and are very situation-focused for this game. They have been prepping specifically for this team.

“We have been preparing for this all season and it’s been everyone’s goal to win this game,” said junior Lulu Keil, a two-year varsity player and member of the team.

According to Keil, the team has been making and reaching individual and team goals.

The seniors have been ensuring everyone is prepared for this game, but the underclassmen want to win this game for the seniors.

“The time has come to make our seniors, coaches, and our parents proud,” Keil said.

The fans are going to be a huge part of this win.

“We need all the support we can get to motivate us to work our hardest and play aggressively,” said Henshaw.

The Scouts have made it this far before, but it’s time to take it a step further. Although they have lost twice to GBS, they are confident in their ability to win.

“I think if we win this game, we have a great chance of winning against New Trier,” Blume said.

Let’s cheer on the Scouts and take them one step further.