Lake Forest Students’ Mixed Reactions To Famous New Couple, Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift is, in fact, “dating the boy on the football team.” Swift has been all over the internet in recent months with not only her tour but also has just come out with a new “Era’s Movie.” 

Football has also started, so tight end Travis Kelce has been all over the screens. As many may already know, popstar Taylor Swift is now confirmed to be dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. Swifties and football fans have a wide range of reactions to this news.

Some believe the relationship is being emphasized too much and is pulling attention away from other players.

“The whole Taylor and Travis stuff is taking the spotlight off of Patrick Mahomes,” sophomore Pilar Rosales said. 

Swifties seem to have mixed views on it. Some think it’s a great thing, and others are a little worried about what will happen to football and Swift fans once it ends. 

“I’m just glad it’s not another British guy. We’ve been on a streak, and I think it’s time we come back over her,” junior and Swiftie Megan Lawniczak said. “I do think it’s good, though; I saw that she has already caused ticket sales for Chiefs to go way up. Their next game is already sold out.”

Swiftie Annie Gibbons agrees, talking about it being “definitely an upgrade” from her most recent relationship with Joe Alwyn.

“I like Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce together; I think it’s an unexpected pair,” Gibbons said.

Junior Gabby Heintzelmen thinks it’s a “bold choice” on Swift’s part.

“I think it’s going to cause great controversy once they break up,” Heintzelmen said. 

With Kelce being one of the best tight ends in the league and Swift being one of the most famous artists in the world, many believe it is a great pair.

“They have two very two different professions. I think they could really hold each other down and support each other.” football player Arjan Jawanda said. “Obviously, the Taylor album that would come out after that would be really football-related and draw attention to football and Chiefs fans. At the moment, it is a good little combo, but I don’t know if it would last long term.”

While some students support the pair and others don’t, some Lake Forest students believe that we should not be as involved with celebrities’ lives and give them more privacy. 

“I think that it is awesome that Taylor Swift is dating an NFL player, but I also think respecting people’s space is important. It is kind of overblown because it is becoming an obsession on Taylor Swift, ” junior Kashyap Prasad said. “I don’t think that we as a public are giving them enough space, and we don’t know exactly what their relationship is, and I feel personally we could damage it just because we’re getting so invested.”