Scouts Share Playlists of the Week 2

With Fall in full swing, some Scouts reflect the season through their music choices while other Scouts keep the same reliable playlists on loop. From Spanish bops to Autumn’s drops, read what these Scouts have been listening to.

“La lista de la mejor música española de la Señora Lev”

Spanish teacher Señora Marni Levinson shows off her playlist by the name “La lista de la mejor música española de la Señora Lev” 

When Levinson began making this playlist, a large part of its creation was her pure love for music. With this passion for music, she wanted to create something that her Spanish students could both enjoy and relate to.

When observing students’ reactions, Levinson notices that, “kids walking in the room relax a little bit and they just feel a lot happier in the day.” For Levinson it’s important that students have a welcoming and calming environment to enjoy in her classroom.

Making sure her students are experiencing Spanish culture in and out of the classroom is very important to Levinson. She finds that playing these songs helps students start thinking about Spanish in contexts outside of the classroom. She hopes that “…if [Students] want to listen to Spanish music that they would choose this list.”

Some major artists on this list include Prince Royce (Whom Levinson has a healthy obsession with), ROSALÍA, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Daddy Yankee, and Selena Gomez

A few songs that stand out to Levinson on this list are Vivir Mi Vida by Marc Anthony, En Realidad by Angela Aguilar, No Puedo by Paulo Londra, and Shakira: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53 by Shakira, and Bizarrap. These songs stick out to Levinson because she notices that her Spanish Students love these songs and can vibe with them.

“underground for now”

Senior Matteo Wilkinson is well known for his weekly “Too Tuff Teo Tuesday”. In addition to his immense style, another outlet for his creativity is his playlist titled “underground for now”. Wilkinson gave this list this name because, in his words, “it’s underground music, but it’s gonna blow up mainstream.”

Featuring plenty of Lowend, R&B, and Rap, Wilkinson ensures that his playlist covers plenty of underground heavy hitters. 

Artists that make his list include Lil Shine, Summrs, KANKAN, Autumn!, jssr, and Corey Lingo. 

As far as mood is concerned, Wilkinson covers his bases. He includes sad songs, turn up songs, and what he describes as “sing your heart out songs”.

For Wilkinson, the songs that are notable on this list are Packs by Nettspend(feat. Duwap Kaine), Heart by jssr + Corey Lingo, Codeine Crazy by Rich Amiri, and Choice Is Yours (Game of Love) by Corey Lingo.

Wilkinson adds that these songs are “pretty fire. Can’t lie.”

“Nishan Playlist” 

Junior Nishan Singh found himself watching videos about the evolution of music when he realized that the songs he was being put onto were enjoyable to him. With these songs Singh was able to create his first playlist which he titled “Nishan Playlist” 

For Singh a lot of this list building process sounded like “oh this song sounds catchy, I’m just gonna check them out,” which lead to the creation of this first of many playlists. 

As a result of this list being one of Singh’s firsts, it invokes a lot of nostalgia for his freshman year at LFHS. Listening to these songs brings him back to when he’d listen to music during his Ffeshman study hall period.

The artists that Singh was put onto include Tears for Fears, MIchael Jackson, and Nirvana. 

Although Singh isn’t really sure what emotions these songs put together convey, he is confident in saying that he “just [likes] the songs” 

Singh says a few songs to highlight from this list are Bad, and Smooth Criminal, both by Michael Jackson, as well as Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

“n/a” 

Sophomore Gabrielle Burke shares her playlist by the name of “n/a”. Covering genres from Deathmetal to Showtunes, Burke finds herself listening to a myriad of styles. 

Prominent artists on this playlists include Taylor Swift, Hozier, Lady Gaga, Alex G, Arctic Monkeys, Ghost, Deftones, and Slipknot. When asked about what she likes about these artists, Burke said that “they’re good. They’re just good.”

Burke put these songs together because she needed a place to keep all her favorite songs in one place. What she enjoys are songs that she can find relatable or just plain good.

When she puts this playlist on to listen, Burkes says she’s “looking for peace,” because “The loud world is annoying. I just want to turn on this playlist.”

Three songs that stand out to Burke are Would That I by Hozier, Need 2 by Pinegrove, and Respite On The Spitalfields by Ghost. In regards to Would That I, Burke states that, “it’s honestly so good. It’s like good because I think it’s good,” she adds that if she had to use an adjective other than good, she would describe it as “Great.”

“pumpkin spice”

Freshman Lauren Hanson keeps the fall vibes together with this playlist called “pumpkin spice”

Hanson puts this playlist on when it comes time to study or get ready in the morning. It features what she calls her “favorite type of music”, which is a sort of middle ground between classical music and pop, and is also still “entertaining.”

Notable artists featured on this playlist are Zach Bryan, Noah Kahan, Coldplay, Vance Joy, and The Lumineers

When it comes to the emotions this playlist brings out, Hanson says that it’s a general feeling of both “peace” and feeling “content.” Just as the title suggests, Hanson listens to this playlist mostly during the fall, but she says that “honestly, it’s year round.” 

Hansons features this list in her library mainly to fill in a gap between her other playlists. “When I realized I was looking through my playlists and I was like jeez, all my playlists are super happy or like super depressed. I want a happy medium,” She said.

Songs that Hanson loves off this list are Heather by Conan Gray, Apple Pie by Lizzy McAlpine, and Anchor by Novo Amor.

$500
$800