Fall Must-Do’s

Fall+Must-Dos

It officially became fall on September 23rd. The leaves are beginning to change and the mornings are getting cooler. With sports, school, homework, and more, it can be difficult to get into the fall mood. 

In order to get into the fall spirit we have a list of must-do activities l to try before the season ends! 

Watch Fall Shows and Movies

One of the easiest ways to get into the fall spirit is to watch movies that give off a fall vibe.

If you are looking for a more uplifting kind of entertainment, we suggest that you take a look at some of these ideas, including Casper, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and Hocus Pocus. 

However some of the best movies, to help you get in the spirit, are the scary ones. These movies will perfectly prepare you for Halloween, including Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Scream.

Visit Fright Fest at Six Flags

A local activity we definitely suggest that everyone looks into takes place every fall at Six Flags, in Gurnee, Illinois. 

Once the sun sets and the time passes 6:00 p.m. the monsters come out. During this time you get to experience thrilling rides and haunted houses while monsters roam the grounds. Fright Fest is available from September 16th through October 31st! So go while it is still open!

Visit the Botanic Garden 

If you are looking for a fun activity to do locally, we suggest that you check out the Night of 1,000 Jack-O-Lanterns which takes place at the Chicago Botanic Garden. 

Along the path throughout the Garden, pumpkins carved by artists light the way, as well as costumed monsters as a scare factor. This takes place on October 11th through the 15th, and again on October 18th through the 22nd, both at 6:30-10:30 pm. 

Visit Kroll’s Fall Harvest Farm

If you are wanting to go the most traditional route, visiting a pumpkin patch could be in your best interest. Our favorite local pumpkin patch is Kroll’s Fall Harvest Farm, which has been running every fall in Waukegan, Illinois for 27 years.

Not only is it an amazing place to find the perfect pumpkin, but it also has many other great autumn activities. They also have a petting zoo and corn maze. Their corn maze is what sets them apart from other pumpkin patches in the area, as they create a new game inside the maze every year. 

They are open from September 16th through October 31st, so if you are interested in all that Kroll’s has to offer, visit while it is still open!