Top TV Shows/Movies To Watch This Fall

With October starting, the fall weather is to follow. Watching TV on a cold, lazy Sunday is the perfect season. Whether you’re into mystery or drama, there is a fall show for you. Here are some must-watch TV shows and movies I recommend that are perfect to start or rewatch this season!

Let’s start with a fan favorite. I bet if you ask someone, “What is the TV that gives fall?” Gilmore Girls would be one of the most answered. From the cozy small-town vibe of Stars Hallow to the iconic local coffee shop/diner Luke’s, the series is an excellent watch for when the leaves are falling. The show is set in a small town called Stars Hallow. Still a teenager, Lorelei moves away from her upper-class life in her parent’s mansion into this small town with her daughter, Rory. The series follows their relationship, and we watch Rory grow up and attend college. It is full of great romances and a “feel-good” show. 

Some might debate that this show is a better watch for Spring or Winter, but I believe it is the perfect series to start this fall. Gossip Girl has many iconic episodes set in autumn. For example, the classic Thanksgiving episodes are just full of drama. It is set in the heart of New York City and follows these four upper-class students and these two “lower” class students. They all attend high school together, yet are connected by one thing. An online website that spreads lies, rumors, secrets, or the truth? Gossip Girl.

When we hear fall, many immediately think of football and Friday nights. Friday Night Lights will get you in the fall mood and the football spirit. Based in a small town in Texas, the high school is all about football until the season’s first game, where their star player gets seriously injured. It is not just for football fans but anyone who likes a good drama and intense storyline.

This movie is the perfect movie if you love an exciting mystery. When a murder occurs in the Thrombey family, Detective Benoit Blanc is called to investigate and uncover which wealthy and problematic family member is the culprit. Each person having a different motive to kill leaves Blanc contemplating and eventually unraveling the truth. This movie will keep you on your toes from beginning to end while giving you the late autumn feeling.

Why not travel back to our childhood to watch a favorite? The classic childhood movie series of ‘The Boy Who Lived’ or ‘The Chosen One’ is the perfect binge-watch for fall. Separated into eight movies, it follows Harry Potter and the Golden Trio as their friendships deepen and they become more united to fight against the growing evil forces. It’s a great cozy watch whether you want to get with friends and make some fun snacks and movie marathon it or want a great ‘fall vibe’ show playing in the background.