Scouts Hockey Ends 3 Game Losing Streak, Defeats Evanston 4-1

Colin Peters
Senior Thomas Santinello hits an Evanston player. Santinello joined the Scouts hockey program this year after playing for the AAA Milwaukee Admirals.

Lake Forest and Evanston have a rich history in hockey, full of drama and overtime winners. Last year, the Scouts won in an overtime thriller. The first matchup since the bench clearing brawl in 2020. 

This year the game went the Scouts way, starting with a goal from Senior Andrew Marsch in the second period. Marsch continued to be a valuable asset in the Scouts offensive play after assisting fellow senior Thomas Santinello. Sophomore Gavin Nelson scored his first goal of the year last night. Nelson was double rostered last year and participated in varsity games towards the latter end of the season. 

Seniors Marsch and Jackson Drum currently lead the team with 5 goals while senior Demetri Fallidas leads the team in points with 7. Lake Forests record changes to 2-4.

They return to action on Wednesday at Lake Forest College’s Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse against the highly ranked St. Viator Lions (3-0-0).