Scouts Share Playlists of the Week

If you’ve ever walked through the halls during passing period, you’ll see plenty of scouts with earbuds in or headphones on. Whether it’s pop, rap, or metal, everyone has something different they like to listen to. These playlists reflect the creativity behind these scouts’ music tastes.

“Clifford Island Radio 98.9”

“Clifford Island Radio 98.9”

Ed Tech Mr. Jimmy Juliano shares his playlist called “Clifford Island Radio 98.9

Juliano created this playlist as part of a promotional effort towards his published novel titled “Dead Eleven”, a 90s era horror fiction/thriller. 

“Part of the marketing for the book is that my publisher sent out a link to a spotify playlist to influencers and other reviewers. They said here’s good music to listen to while reading the book because it kind of ties into the story of Dead Eleven.”

Playing to the book’s 90s theme, the playlist includes bands which recorded songs between ‘90 and 94’, including Nirvana, Phish, The Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, and Tom Petty. 

For Juliano, the biggest feeling this playlist invokes is nostalgia.

”My hope would be that if someone listened to this playlist, they would be transported back to the early 90s. It’s kind of those 90s feelings…Those 90s vibes.”

Juliano says three notable songs from this playlist are Buddy Holly by Weezer, Mr. Jones by Counting Crows, and Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Vytis list”

Vytis list – Vytis Gust

Senior Vytis Gust shows off his playlist which he titled “Vytis list”. A playlist he describes as “heavy”, it covers genres from softer rock to heavy thrash metal. 

For Gust, this playlist serves emotions ranging from pure aggression to pensive self-reflection. This wide range of emotions can mostly be attributed to how Gust describes the playlist as being “A Compilation”.

Bands featured in this list include Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Alice in Chains, and Bullet for My Valentine.

Gust finds this list’s three most notable songs to be One by Metallica, The Art of Dying by Gojira, and Holy Wars…The Punishment Due by Megadeth

“jim”

Juniors Miles Mackey and Nicholas Pizzo presented their playlist which is eloquently entitled “jim”. 

“It’s pretty self-explanatory,” says Pizzo.

A play on words for the term “Gym”, this playlist comprises what Mackey and Pizzo listen to while working out, especially during their Strength & Conditioning class period.

The playlist sees heavy usage of a subgenre of metal known as ‘deathcore’. Bands which make up the most of this playlist include Lorna Shore, Shadow of Intent, and Bring Me The Horizon. 

“This playlist invokes all of the feelings you feel when you exercise,” says Mackey, while Pizzo adds that “..there is a lot more capacity for emotion in this kind of music than your average pop song.”

Pizzo and Mackey agreed that three notable songs from this list are To The Hellfire by Lorna Shore, Blinded by Brand of Sacrifice, and Watch The World Burn by Falling in Reverse

“XxTheBendsLoverxX”

XxTheBendsLoverxX – Jude Weinstein

Freshman Jude Weinstein revealed his playlist called “XxTheBendsLoverxX” which he named after the Radiohead album by the name of The Bends.

The playlist includes songs by Frank Ocean and Kanye “but mostly Radiohead,” Weinstein emphasizes.

Weinstein incorporates every genre he enjoys spanning Rap, RnB, Indie Rock, and even some Jazz.

“I just put it on shuffle and it makes me happy.”

Three songs Weinstein loves off this playlist are King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1 by Neutral Milk Hotel, The National Anthem by Radiohead, and All Of The Lights by Kanye West

$500
$800