Field Guide to Lake Forest

See

Forest Park Beach- East or West Coasters will forever not believe you when you call the shores of Lake Michigan “the beach”. But when they see the beautifully kept Lake Forest Beach, they cannot deny it is one of the prettiest beaches around. 

Middlefork Savanna- One of the most under appreciated locations in the 60045, the 45 acre Middlefork Savanna is a gorgeous place that the Lake Forest community is fortunate to have. 

Lake Forest High School- like fellow Forest Scout writer Sarah Kuetemeyer’s article mentioned about LFHS, it is one of the most beautiful high schools in the nation. 

Market Square- The beautiful center of Lake Forest’s business district is a must see when in the 60045.

Eat and Drink

Sushi Kushi– Having opened in 1993, Sushi Kushi has been serving the best sushi on the North Shore for almost 25 years.

Foodstuffs- Whether you’re ordering a customized salad or panini, buying their famous Monster Bars or just going in for the samples, you can’t miss Foodstuffs when you’re in uptown Lake Forest. 

Left Bank– The oldest eatery in LF, the 54 year old hot-dog spot deserves your business when spending time in Lake Forest. 

Caputo’s- If you’re in the mood for a great coffee or authentic Italian Panino, Caputo’s is your place to go. Family owned and operated, it is one of the most genuine Italian markets on the North Shore. 

Shop

Valentina— Find the cutest jewelry and clothes in town on the outskirts of Market Square.

Kiddles— Find all your Lake Forest gear at Kiddles in Market Square. Open since 1968, it’s yet another family owned incorporation that has thrived in Lake Forest since the sixties! 

Amidei Mercatino— An outdoor market hidden in an alley in town, Amidei Mercatino is Lake Forest’s gem. Find the freshest fruits and veggies and the best company within the narrow walls.