Scouts look to move past Round Lake, advance to Regional Semifinal

In their first round playoff matchup, Lake Forest will take on a winless opponent. The Round Lake Panthers have had a dismal year on the court, holding a record of 0-26. However, after a poor season like that, the Panthers have absolutely nothing to lose in the Regional Quarterfinals tonight. The game will be played at Deerfield High School at 7:30 for the right to square off in the Regional Semifinals against fifth seeded Conant High School.

Round Lake’s season has been one that fans and players alike would love to forget about. Tonight, they’ll decide whether to fold over and end their rough season, or give the Scouts a run for their money and hope to earn their first win. Either way, Coach LaScala’s team should be able to advance to the Regional Semifinals. Round Lake’s defense has proved to be inferior over the course of the year; they’ve allowed less than 50 points just once, and have given up over 70 12 times.

After ending their season on a high note with a two-point victory over Waukegan, the Scouts enter postseason play with some much needed momentum. In their most recent game, they were led by Mead Payne who contributed 18 points, and the Scouts also welcomed the return of point guard Jake Fisher. They lost their go-to player just over a week ago and need to get some wins in without Gibson before facing the talented Conant Cougars, who were the champions of the 32-team Jack Tosh Holiday Tournament that the Scouts also played in. They have the ability to make a run here in the sectionals and hope to earn their first sectional championship. It’s been a long, windy road this 2017-2018 season, and the Scouts hope to keep that run going past tonight.

Come out to Deerfield HS tonight at 7:30pm to cheer on your Scouts in their win-or-go-home game tonight.