The Outstanding Senior Athlete Award

The 2023 OSAA winners. Courtesy of LFHS Boosters.

Every year, four senior athletes are awarded the Outstanding Senior Athlete Award (OSAA). All senior athletes are eligible to earn the award, given that they fill out an application through the LFHS Boosters Club.. 

The OSAA recognizes the performance, leadership, spirit, and sportsmanship of the applicants. The award is given to two male and two female athletes. Winners of the award earn a $1000 scholarship and a spot on the iconic “Wall of Excellence” that is displayed at West Campus facing Varsity Stadium. 

The Wall of Excellence serves as an iconic symbol of LFHS athletics. First being displayed in 2012, the Wall of Excellence is refreshed with new athletes every fall at the first home football game of the season. 

The athletes revealed include the four OSAA winners from the previous year, as well as OSAA finalists, student body leaders, individual state champions, and other award winners. The wall pictures each student athlete next to a characteristic that makes up an honorable athlete. These characteristics include, but are not limited to, respect, honor, integrity, passion, and commitment. The Wall of Excellence recognizes the LFHS athletes, but also serves as an inspiration for LFHS and the community.

The Wall of Excellence located on West Campus. Courtesy of LFHS Boosters.

Last year, the four winners of the OSAA award were Jack Carrabine (lacrosse), Lainey O’Neil (tennis), Bella Ranallo (basketball, softball, and volleyball), and Asa Thomas (basketball and golf). The four athletes were selected because of their success in their sports, but also because of  their roles as leaders and their demonstrations of sportsmanship. All of the OSAA winners continued to play their respective sports in college. 

The deadline to submit an application for the OSAA is April 8, at 10pm. The winners of the award will be announced and celebrated on LFHS Honors Night on May 30. For more information on the OSAA application, you can visit the LFHS Boosters website or contact Boosters Grants Committee Chair Sandi Rupprecht at [email protected]