Scouts Hockey Falls to New Trier 5-1 in AHAI Elite Eight.

BENSENVILLE, IL– Scouts hockey took on the number one seeded New Trier Green (NTG)  at The Edge Ice Arena to start the elite eight rounds of the AHAI red varsity state tournament. Morale was high before the game with the Scouts keeping the past three regular season games competitive. NTG entered the matchup with wins over former conference opponent Barrington and New Trier Blue. The Trevians also came off a win over Loyola Gold to win the Scholastic Cup. New Trier finished the conference regular season as the number one seed with a record of  25-5. The Scouts entered the match-up with wins over New Trier White and Evanston and finished with a conference record of 15-15 and the seventh seed. 

New Trier quickly took control with scoring a pair of goals in the both the first and second period. The Scout’s sole goal came from junior Tommy Swift to prevent the shutout. Senior Teddy Huddleston started in the crease for the Scouts before being taken out in the third period for fellow senior Andrew Sommers. Sommers would let one goal in before the end of the game.