Another Successful Year of the Annual ELS Game

The Scouts faced the New Trier Trevians in the annual ELS game Thursday, which ended in a pretty tight score, 48-40, with the Scouts securing the victory. 

“We start preparing when we come back from first semester which starts with basic shooting, dribbling, and passing,” said Integrated Wellness TA Caroline Kaiser. 

Not only have they been preparing for this game by practicing, but they have also gone around town as a class to ask businesses to donate prizes for the raffle. Along with this, the money raised from the t-shirts that were sold for the game is going to Camp Hope this year – a summer camp for teens and young adults with disabilities.

Just from the start of the game, the gym was filled with so much energy from the band playing and the amount of students and staff that flooded the gym. 

“I think my most memorable moment was when all the players were being announced and they all got to run through the tunnel of cheerleaders and TA’s,” said Integrated Wellness TA Annie Davis. “The crowd just got louder and louder and I think the whole school could just tell how supported the players were and how excited everyone was to be there.”

Each player went through the tunnel with much enthusiasm. The crowd got particularly loud when Lily Stauffer,  Maria Alzamora, and others on the team were dancing as they were going through the tunnel. 

The main focus of the ELS game is not to just beat New Trier, but to support all the players, including the ones on the opposing team. 

“All of these kids get to have their moment since they don’t get to play on like a normal basketball team and it’s amazing to have so many fans cheering them on,” said Integrated Wellness TA Ella Burns.