Tight senior crew will bring 80s to Talent Show

Taylor Ross

Senior Nikki Singh will perform an original song on the piano. Talent Show tickets are now on sale.

Zoe Frentzas, Staff Writer

Ticket for this year’s 80’s-themed  Talent Show for  Feb. 23-25 are now on sale. The cost $15 for students and $25 for adults.

There are 22 acts performing, ranging from comedy to acapella to rock bands. It will be hosted by seniors Saige Joseph and Connor Boyle, who also hosted last year.

“This year we have a theme that we can really go all in on. The 80’s has such distinctive music and style that will really allow us to get creative and have fun,” said Audio and Pit Band Director Rick Day. “Pit band and the acts have chosen some amazing music, and the tech crew is ready to highlight all of the LFHS’ talent with an 80s spin.” 

Behind the scenes, there is a lot of planning and hard work that goes into putting on the show each year. 

“As soon as the talent show ends in February, we take a short break, then start planning for the next one around May or June,” Mr. Corey Holmer, the Talent Show Advisor, said. 

This year audition videos were submitted virtually. 

“We have a panel of judges that range from alumni to professionals to parents. They judge the videos based on overall performance, technical ability, stage presence and originality,” Holmer said. 

Taylor Ross

Seniors Sydney Rubinstein and Henry Thomas will be co-directing this year’s show. 

“This year’s talent show should be really fun. It’s really nice because this is the year when we’ve had virtually no COVID impacts making it a lot easier for us to take as much creative liberty as possible,” Rubinstein said.

Adler Hermann is the Pit Director and will be participating in Talent Show for his fourth and final year with the bands The Melon Boys, Metro Boomin, Verdant, and The Jazz Band. 

“I’m looking forward to playing with everybody. It’s going to be my last one in four years, so it will be fun to do a send off,” Hermann said. 

Hermann isn’t the only senior sending off the talent show this year. 

“With this being my last year doing talent show after three years of participating in it, I definitely have mixed emotions right now. I’m so excited for another year of talent show, but I’m truly sad it’s going to be my last one. Talent show is an amazing experience that I wish everyone could be a part of and will definitely always be one of my favorite memories from high school,” senior Kay Clifford said.

You can find her performing alongside senior Robert Medica. 

“My favorite thing we get is seniors who try something new, whether it be someone who has been in the talent show before or this is their first time,” Holmer said.

This year, senior Koen Brown is doing just that. 

“In years past I’ve been in the Pit Band as well as various acts playing trumpet,” said Brown. “This year I will be doing the same, but I am also performing The Devil Went Down to Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band. Very different from my previous three years, I will be playing the piano and singing on this song.”

This act will also feature senior Sidarth Jindal on the fiddle.   

“I’m excited to change it up and put myself in a different position on stage. Most of all, however, I’m excited for an amazing Talent Show coming off of Covid with an incredible senior class. It’s sure to be another great year,” Brown said.