That’s a Wrap

Seniors leave underclassmen with some advice

Mya Edwards, Staff Writer

When I entered high school, I was scared, alone, and lost. I had heard so many conflicting things. Some people told me that it was really difficult and not what they expected. Others told me it was the best time of their lives. 

I quickly learned to rely on upperclassmen for guidance. Looking back now as a senior, it was the best thing I have ever done. 

To return the favor, I asked my classmates to share advice that might help underclassmen. Whether some of the quotes were cliché, deep, or helpful, take it from us, we’ve been through it this year and have some words of wisdom to share before graduating. 

“If you’re not ahead [in school], then you’re behind.” Tegan Heswall

“Fight for what you want to do. If you are interested in a sport, play that sport. If you want to take a class and your counselor says no, talk to people until you are in that class. If you don’t want to take an AP, don’t. Do things that you are interested in and things that make you happy. At the end of the day, these four years are YOUR four years and no one else’s, and when you graduate, you want to confidently say that you spent it in the best way possible.”  Lauren Fabbri

“Be yourself, don’t care about what others have to say. Just have fun. Cherish every moment.” Evie Frenztas

“Don’t surround yourself with people that’ll only hold you back.” Jackson Lepkowski

“Go to as many sporting events and/or school events to get out.”  Will Thomas

“Find the proper balance between school and sports.”  Jack Malloy

“Break out of your shell and try new things, make new connections.” Max Edison

“Don’t procrastinate, listen to people’s advice, and take advantage of every opportunity you get.”  Coco Stevenson

“No one is as perfect as they seem.” Lilli Martini

“Be spontaneous and say yes to everything.” Blair Flavin

“Just keep a positive attitude and keep grinding.” Stewart Swift

And with that, I leave you with one final piece of advice from myself: Make high school your time to shine. Continue to strive for greatness, make sure to spread kindness, and support one another if you see someone struggling.