Chicagoland teen loses his life in tragic street racing accident

Remembered as an “energetic and charismatic kid,” as well as an avid automotive enthusiast, Chicagoland teen Jun Yang passed away during a fatal car accident late Saturday morning. Behind the wheel of a Blue 2016 Subaru WRX STI, the accident is reported to have occurred around 3:20am, and resulted in the teen crashing into a steel lamp post.

The accident occured at Dempster St. and Waukegan road, according to Morton Grove Police cmdr. Paul Yaras and the Cook County medical office. He was rushed to Advocate Lutheran Hospital in Park Ridge, where he was later pronounced dead at 4:29am after a long fight with paramedics on the scene and doctors in the operating room.

On Sunday, a report from medical examiners deemed the death an accident due to “blunt force trauma” from the sports car hitting a “fixed object.” A juvenile was riding passenger when the car struck the lamp post; he was later released from Lutheran hospital on Saturday afternoon. Morton Grove Police have no additional information on the accident that has been released. It’s still unclear why the vehicle originally lost control, which then resulted in the accident, but the Glenview teen was known for his avid passion and love for all sorts of automotives.

Whether it’s street racing or just a friendly push of the gas, the force behind the car racing community not only in the Chicagoland are, but around the world has seen this scene before. Many street racers have seen friend after friend roll their car into the bushes, or slam into a steel lamp post, but it’s something that some have began to question. Many sit listening to the news, asking themselves why would a kid do something like that? Why would they push the limits of life, and for what?

https://www.gofundme.com/junyang

$240
$500