Girls water polo rolls past Warren in NSC match

Without school on Monday and only one practice under their belt since March 23, the girls water polo team headed to Warren yesterday to face off against the Blue Devils. Taking more than a week off from your sport usually sets the average athlete back in their training, but Lake Forest girls water polo is not full of your average athletes.

The Scouts set the pace early, striking and scoring just seconds into the first quarter. The girls held onto this intensity for the entirety of the game. Losing their shutout in the final quarter of the game was of course disappointing for the team, but you couldn’t notice by how supportive they were towards their starting goalie, Amalia Liguori-Coneff, who played as stellar as ever. With a final score of 11-1, the Scouts let all the doubters and haters know, they are the real deal.

Junior Kat Slover was truly impressed by how her teammates played last night and told TFS, “Our communication was the best it’s been so far this season, which is something we’ve been working on, so it was awesome to see that improving. And we all kept playing our hardest even though we were up by a lot.”

Tonight the girls have a highly anticipated home match against Buffalo Grove. Make sure you stop by the pool at 5 p.m. to get a front row seat for this one.

$240
$500