What's your ideal spring break spot?

Girls water polo suffers tough defeat at the hands of Niles West

SKOKIE, Ill.- Wednesday night the girls water polo team headed down to Niles West High School in hopes of continuing their win streak. After the dominant victory on Monday (14-0 against Vernon Hills), Head Coach Anna Colletti was not going to give her girls any rest. Tuesday’s practice was as excruciating as ever as she knew Niles West was not going to go down without a fight.

Before the game started you could tell this was going to be a close one. Both teams seemed to be in sync during their warm ups, sprinting fast, treading high, and shooting hard. Niles West struck first, scoring the opening goal of the game. The Scouts fired back quickly with a goal of their own, and throughout the game’s entirety no team led by more than one point. The intensity was really sinking into some of the players, and junior Kat Slover knew she had to step it up if she wanted her team to get the W.  The Scouts did not give up for the full 28 minutes of intense polo, but all great things must come to an end, and Niles West defeated the Lake Forest 5-4.

Junior Flynn McClellan still saw some light a end of the tunnel, “Everyone played really well I thought. It’s fun to watch how everyone has improved since the first game. And it was super close, five to four! A lot of gals on the team shot at the goalie including me.”

The girls play their next match on the first Wednesday after Spring Break at Warren High School then host Buffalo Grove that Thursday. Make sure to come by to support the girls.