Wellness for Life Shoe Drive takes flight

This past November, the LFHS Wellness department and Tom Soprych’s TA Training/Leadership classes managed to raise $1,200 in donations towards Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Today, a goal of 2,500 shoes (100 bags of 25) has been set for a shoe drive to once again benefit the foundation. Students and teachers are working together to collect new, used, and gently worn shoes, boots, sandals, or any form of  footwear that is not damaged beyond use (no holes or bad soles).

Wellness for Life Shoe Drive takes flightOn March 21st , Funds2orgs will pick up and and send the shoes to nations whose citizens don’t have access to affordable footwear. Micro-businesses in those areas will then have the ability to sell these shoes at a very low cost to support local economies across the globe. If the goal to collect 2,500 pairs of shoes is reached, the LFHS Wellness department will receive $1,000 from Funds2org, which will in turn be donated directly to JDRF.

Donate your shoes to Lake Forest High School’s Wellness department before March 21st to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation as well as micro-enterprises around the world. Shoe donation boxes can be found throughout LFHS.

To learn more about  JDRF, click here.