Breaking from the Norm: Bags

Breaking from the Norm: Bags

Emma Riley

I’ve noticed recently when walking the halls of LFHS that a lot of the bags worn by girls everyday are very similar. Often times, when looking around the halls of LFHS, all you see around girls’ shoulders are the neutral, no-fuss leather tote, which is a really cute bag. But it may seem like getting something different from that would be a bad thing, but it’s, in fact, the opposite. Having something different from everyone else and standing out is a good thing. Thus, I’ve put together a little list of stylish options to help break from the norm.

When looking for a new bag for school, one thing to always keep in mind, especially with spring coming, is DON’T BE AFRAID OF COLOR! So, if you have been eying a pretty bright bag or one of these catch your eye, go for it. These options and others like them can be found at Asos, Nordstrom, or Target.

Breaking from the Norm: Bags 1

If you are more of a neutrals person, I respect that–half of my closet is tan or grey. There is also something to be said for the fact that neutral bags go with any outfit. There are a lot of bags out there that are neutral without being boring like these ones from Revolve, Marc Jacobs, Nordstrom or Target.

Breaking from the Norm: Bags 2

Another way to spruce up your day-to-day school bag is with texture. Textured bags range from suede or velvet to a beaded faux leather. There are millions of options for different materials that a bag can be made from for you to choose. These specific bags can be found on Free People and Revolve. The only thing that is important to consider with a textured bag is the outside damages easier than a leather bag.

Breaking from the Norm: Bags 3

If you are a traditional black bag kinda person and you don’t like the colored or textured bag, a black bag can still be a great stylish everyday bag. However, if you goal is to be original, you may have to look a little harder but there are lots out there. These few bags are the traditional black leather with a twist and can be found at Free People, Top Shop, or Marc Jacobs.

Breaking from the Norm: Bags 4

Emma Riley, Author

Emma Riley is a senior at Lake Forest High School. Emma spends her days golfing, thinking, and talking about fashion, or eating trendy foods.