Which summer festival are you most looking forward to this year?

The Forest Scout Welcomes Journalist Mike Leonard

During the 8th period time slot on Friday, April 28th, The Forest Scout will welcome retired American television journalist Mike Leonard to Room 356 for a guest speech.

Leonard, whose appearance was arranged and scheduled by Ragdale’s Novel Affair program, was a feature correspondent for The Today Show for 31 years on NBC. Leonard is also part of a family video production company, Picture Show Films, that uses digital video exclusively and edits its projects on PowerBooks. Picture Show has produced critically acclaimed television shows such as features for PBS, ESPN, and other news outlets, as well as videos for fund-raising, corporate training, and other projects.

Aside from his work on television and the silver screen, Leonard published The Ride of Our Lives: Roadside Lessons of an American Family in 2006 about a month-long road trip he took with his parents and grown children in an RV. The experience also spawned a television series.

An avid wiffle ball enthusiast that resides in Winnetka, Leonard has four grown children, Matt, Megan, Kerry, and Brendan, as well as eight grandchildren. The Forest Scout is honored to have him come visit. If you are free 8th hour, please stop by for what is sure to be an educational and memorable experience for all involved.