Which senior superlative best describes you?

Graduation Dress Tips

Revolve white dresses (Via Revolve Website)

With graduation just around the corner, there are a few ceremonies and celebrations to wrap up the year. However, with all the focus geared towards prom recently, many students have forgotten about graduation dresses. Whether you’re the one graduating or the one in the audience, it’s always stressful trying to find out what you should wear.

I have been to the past two graduations and have noticed some of the popular trends in what outfits everyone wears.

All of the graduates usually wear white dresses, but it is not necessarily mandatory. All students are free to wear whatever they like, but it is most common to wear a white dress. The white dresses are also usually short or mini instead of a maxi or midi dress. But other than the dresses being either white or short, they can have sparkles, ruffles, different neck and strap styles, or anything else.

After looking over some popular online shopping sites, I found some great options for graduation dresses. The dresses are available on Revolve, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Love Shack Fancy, and For Love and Lemons. I recommend using the “filters” on every site so you can search more specifically for what you want.

All the dresses I chose were flowy and not too restricting. I looked for dresses that were simply classy white dresses that were nice enough for graduation but also not too fancy that you couldn’t re-wear them for another event.

I wouldn’t recommend a very sparkly dress or a dress covered in feathers because you want the center of attention to be your cap and gown, that’s why I thought these simple, classy, and cute dresses are most appropriate.

For all guests, it is important to avoid wearing white dresses. These aren’t wedding rules, but graduation is about celebrating the seniors. If you’re an audience member I recommend wearing a nice sundress or flowery dress. It’s spring and it’s time to bring out the sundresses and enjoy the warm weather.                                     

Floral Revolve dresses (Via Revolve website)

These dresses are all short but you can also wear long dresses. You also don’t even have to wear dresses, you could wear jeans or a skirt with a cute top. It’s always just important to remember that you don’t want to draw attention away from the graduates with your outfit, because graduation is of course about the graduates.