“This is the Song of the Summer” – Freshman Musician Releases his Premiere Album

Freshman Jude Weinstein recently released an album on Spotify. Photo courtesy of Jude Weinstein.

Since the dawn of Cheezer at LFHS, students have been left wanting more student music. Finally their wishes have been answered by the release of the latest student-created album: Judeaism

Freshman Jude Weinstein has been working on Judeaism since February, and to the surprise of some, made a “killer” album. 

Junior Jordan Miles wasn’t impressed when she first heard the track as it was being produced. But after its official release on Spotify, Miles said “it goes so hard. My favorite song is the Leo Rubin song.”

For many students who are friends with Weinstein, it’s unsurprising that he produces music. 

Coming from a family of musicians, Weinstein was exposed to music at an early age. He began with piano lessons when he was 5, and recently he has been passionate about playing the drums. 

Until recently, Weinstein never imagined himself writing music, but after meeting senior Nicholas Hawkins through the Jazz Band program, that changed completely. 

While waiting for Jazz Combo to play on stage for Talent Show, Weinstein was bored and decided to start playing around with making music in GarageBand. 

Weinstein said, “One thing led to another and me and Nick are just working. We keep getting beats and more layers to this song, and we had people add vocals, and then we had this whole song.”

The album cover for Judeaism. Photo courtesy of Jude Weinstein.

After making their first song, “The Life of Patrick,” Weinstein and Hawkins went on to make more songs that ended up in a complete album, which Weinstein describes as “diverse in genre” and “Death Grips-inspired.”

Since the album’s debut, its success has been undeniable, with many LFHS teachers playing songs from the album in their classrooms.

“I’ve heard about so many teachers playing [Judeaism] in their class,” said Weinstein. 

Outside of making music, Weinstein participates in the 8th period Percussion Ensemble which is lead by Percussion Specialist Tyler Darnall, who has worked with Weinstein throughout  his freshman year so far.

“[Weinstein] works really hard,” said Darnall. “He works well with the percussion section as well as other parts of the band.” 

Weinstein is known for his ability to work well with others, which majorly contributes to his passion for creation. 

“I like playing with other people and doing stuff for fun” says Weinstein, “I feel like [Judeaism] is a way for me to have fun.”

The album Judeaism is currently streamable on Spotify.

“This is the song of the summer and the album of all time. The album of the century. Album of the year,” said Weinstein.