Six LFHS Athletes Sign their Letters Of Intent

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.
Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.

On Wednesday, Feb. 7, six LFHS athletes participated in the winter signing day; either signing their letter of intent or their commitment letter to their respective colleges. On this day, these student-athletes are congratulated by their friends, family, coaches, and teachers for their accomplishments as they look forward to their collegiate athletic careers.

Tommie Aberle, an important member of the football team and basketball team in his high school career, is choosing to pursue football at Butler University. For the Scouts, Aberle made his contributions as a three-year varsity starter at middle linebacker. 

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.

Tadgh Burke, a three-year member of the Varsity golf team, is continuing his golf career at Fairfield University. Burke made trips down to State all three years, coming in the top 20 twice, one of which was a second place finish his junior year. 

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.

Swimmer Ben Longeway officially made his commitment to Southern Methodist University. The star swimmer is in his fourth varsity season, still dominating in all strokes. While Longeway can race any event at a high level, butterfly is where he really sets himself apart from the rest of his competition. Last season, Longeway placed 10th at State in the 100m fly.

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.

Isabella Marsico, committed for both cross country and track & field, is continuing her career at University of Kansas. Marsico was a three-year member of the varsity cross country team, collecting a sixth place finish at the All-State race her sophomore year; she is now heading into her fourth varsity track & field season, looking to add to her ninth place finish at the All-State race also during her sophomore year. Marsico can run any event on the track, but is especially strong when it comes to the 800 meter and the mile.

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.

The second runner making their collegiate commitment is Elise Raffiani where she will be on the Track & Field Team at Chapman University. Raffiani will be adding a fourth year to her track & field varsity career this spring. While still running short relays for the Scouts, she excels in the field events. In her junior season, Raffiani finished first at the North Suburban Conference championship in triple jump and long jump, and fourth in pole vault. Raffiani looks to add to her accolades in her final season as a Scout.

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.

Last but not least, baseball player Luca Royer is attending Northern Illinois University. The outfielder still has his senior season coming up as he looks to add another successful year on top of 2023, where he was a key part of the Scouts competing in a sectional championship. 

Photo courtesy of Casey Duval.