LFHS’ Innovative SAT Study Program

Photo courtesy of Elise Raffiani.

The SAT is a crucial component of the college application process, but traditional after-school tutoring or weekend classes often pose challenges for students with busy schedules. The SAT Study program at LFHS distinguishes itself by occurring daily throughout the school day, eliminating the burden of additional homework, and accommodating students with various extracurriculars.

The success of the SAT Study program is due to a collaborative effort from Dr. Erin Lenart, Mr. David Hain, Dr. Ryan Abrams, and their team play vital roles in data analysis and scheduling.

“Our expert instruction is provided by Matt and Rachel Dejong, owners of Academic Tutoring Centers based in Highland Park,” Hain said. 

The Math Resource Center (MRC) offers organizational support. Counselors and study hall supervisors also contribute significantly.

“Students enrolled in the program receive direct, expert instruction from our SAT specialists on Mondays and Tuesdays, with practice and supportive strategies on Fridays and the block days,” Hain said. The curriculum is individualized based on student needs, allowing for focused attention on specific topics.

LFHS benefits from outstanding students; the small class size, combined with support from the Math Resource Center, ensures students receive the attention they need.

The SAT Study program caters to a range of students, providing an individualized approach to SAT preparation. The goal is to meet the needs of every student.  The hope is that every LFHS student who wants to can achieve a competitive SAT score, enabling them to achieve the future they most want.