Which best describes your support for the ongoing student protests over the war in Gaza?

Scout Nation: More Than a Club

Image+courtesy+from+Scout+Nation+Instagram.+
Image courtesy from Scout Nation Instagram.

Everyone knows that Scout Nation helps run the student section during football season, but as a whole, they do so much more that goes under the radar. 

“The mission of Scout Nation is to foster unity and support surrounding all the athletic teams and clubs of LFHS. We do our best to highlight all the teams and their successes throughout the year,” said Scout Nation sponsor Julie Crouch. “We want to establish traditions and fun events that make life long memories for the students here.” 

Scout Nation fosters school spirit inside and outside of school all year long. 

“Having a strong student section and student attendance at games makes a fun atmosphere for both the players and the games. But Scout Nation puts in a lot of effort beyond athletic events. Lots goes on behind the scenes to make school feel more exciting,” said junior Scout Nation member Mona Ferraioli. 

Spirit holds a high value within a school because it helps create a sense of community, belonging, and unity amongst all students. Additionally, it encourages a supportive and fun environment that makes school more enjoyable for students. 

The consistent showing of spirit makes students want to join Scout Nation and continue to show their Scout pride. Thus, Scout Nation is a club for everyone. Members of Scout Nation are from all grades, and many students are introduced to people who they would never have met if they were not a member. Coming to these meetings has the ability to create friendships among different groups of people. 

With the many clubs and teams, it is hard for Scout Nation to attend every event, but they do their very best to make sure everyone receives an equal acknowledgement.

“It’s a big job and a big responsibility of this group to keep coming up with ideas that will make everyone feel seen and supported,” said Crouch.

Now, as the winter sports season have begun, make sure to keep your eye out for upcoming events.

“I’m looking forward to creating more attraction for the clap outs, student attendance at athletic events, and more participation in supporting all Scouts,” said Crouch.