Which best describes your support for the ongoing student protests over the war in Gaza?

In The Season of Giving, Give Back to Your Community with Fill A Heart 4 Kids

Courtesy of @fillaheart4kids

Without a doubt, Christmas season is almost everyone’s favorite time of the year! But for many people, they look at the holidays differently. We often overlook how fortunate we are, especially during the holiday season.

Fill a Heart 4 Kids is a community organization that supports the homeless youth and foster children. It provides them with food, life skills, valuable necessities, and educational support to help them achieve a brighter future. Fill A Heart began in 2007 when the McAveeny family took in a baby in need of a temporary home. From there, FAH4K was created.

FAH4K offers many different ways and activities to help out during the holiday season.There are many activities available to the community that will help foster children and the homeless youth during this cold season.

Project ELF is an ongoing event from Nov. 8 – Dec. 24 at FAH4K. It is open Monday through Friday from 12-5pm as well as Saturday and Sunday from 10-5pm. This event consists of making friendship bracelets and cards, filling sweet treat goody bags, sponsoring a toy, a gingerbread kit, or necessities. 

Many of these events are funded by donations. Any donation is greatly appreciated and goes a long way. Holiday Food Break in a Box is a box that includes 54 meals and 18 snacks for children to be fed and stay nourished during school holiday break. This box is funded by a donation of $50. 

There is also Project Warm where WeCare packages are created. Coats are wrapped and cozy kits are filled. Donations are accepted for hats and mittens ($15-25), coats ($25-55), snow pants ($25-50), and boots ($25-35).

Volunteers helping with Glow Project Cocoa Courtesy of @fillaheart4kids

Glow Project Cocoa is a project that helps to ensure that children are kept warm at night as well as providing comfort. The low in the dark thermoses can be used as nightlights and every $25 package includes cocoa, soup, and oatmeal packets.

In addition, $10 food gift cards are also greatly appreciated!

Another packing project is the Weekend Food Bags. For children that don’t have access to school meals, food pantries, or a stable home, they struggle even more during the weekends. Sponsoring and filling a Weekend Food Bag or a Project Warm Bag can go a long way! Both the food bags and Sherpa blankets are funded by donations of $25.

Many people often overlook the value of shampoo or toothpaste, but for many children they don’t have access to these basic necessities. Project Dignity is a project that provides toiletries to kids and helps them go to school feeling clean and healthy. This project can be sponsored by $15-25, where $25 includes a towel and washcloth.

FAH4K wants to make sure that each and every child feels loved and remembered, but they can’t do it without volunteers! Christmas is a time of giving and spreading love so make sure to give back to your community and help out at Fill A Heart 4 Kids.