Who is winning the Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake beef?

All In This Together: Student Council’s Plan to Unite the Student Body

Clara Collis

Over the years, LFHS student council has grown tremendously. Many students are passionate about creating a spirited environment around the school, and finding new activities for students and staff to enjoy. 

In the past, one of the major challenges for the student council was getting everyone involved. It’s easy to organize fundraisers and other activities, but it only goes so far if the student body fails to participate. 

The 2024 student council emphasizes that this is the year we unify the school and find as many opportunities as possible to get the student body involved. 

Senior Class President Kelsey Bumbaco said how successful the senior vs. staff dodgeball game was, leaving the senior student council hopeful for future activities. 

The game had a huge turnout of both seniors and staff members, and even underclassmen packed the stands.

As for the junior student council, prom is the main focus. The junior class has now switched to two meetings each week in order to accomplish as much as possible. 

After announcing the “Hollywood” theme for the 2024 prom, the junior student council has been spending their time designing flyers, finding decorations, and breaking down the logistics to ensure that everyone has the best night possible. 

The juniors have also been dedicating time to brainstorm fundraisers to raise money for prom and finding service projects to help give back to the community. 

“My main goal for the year is to unite the junior class,” Junior Class President Maeve Farrell said. 

Farrell, along with the rest of the junior student council, has been designing sweatshirts specifically for the class of 2025. 

Sophomore Class President Josie Irvin says that the sophomore class is planning a dunk tank as their charity event for the year. 

The sophomore class is hopeful that this event will not bring the student body together, but also get more people outside of the student council involved and spread awareness for an important cause. 

The sophomore class also plans to organize small gestures, such as activities going on in the cafeteria, throughout the year to make the school day more fun and less stressful. 

The entire student council meets every Tuesday before school to discuss events, plan fundraisers, and think of new ways to unite the school. 

“We really want to step it up from past years,” Irvin said.

$600
$800