Colder Weather Lookbook: TV Show Edition

From casual looks to formal wear, TV has inspired us all to step up our styles just a little bit. Let’s take a look at these style icons from our favorite TV shows and see if we can take inspiration from some of their most iconic cold-weather looks. 

Friends 

Debra McGuire, the “Friends” fashion designer did not disappoint while crafting Rachel Green’s wardrobe. This casual but simply fashionable look did not go unnoticed. With cargo pants currently making a fashion comeback, this would make the ultimate comfortable look. If you aim to recreate this look, Zara has these perfect cargo pants  that are almost identical to Rachels as well as this brown leather jacket from Anthropologie.

Aside from being a comedic genius, Rachel rocked more than just one outfit on the show. This USA white long sleeve with black lettering was paired perfectly with a black mini skirt. The tights allow this outfit to be worn around this time of year. If you are in need of a dresser cool weather look, Rachels exact long sleeve can be found on Etsy. To match her mini skirt, I recommend this skort from Zara. The shorts aspect creates a more wearable outfit. Black tights are a necessity for cold fall days. For easy access, these black tights from Amazon are perfect.

Gossip Girl 

Cold days call for a stylish jacket. Blair Waldorf nailed this look and now you can too with this plaid jacket from Anthopologie. Blair rocks this jacket with a simple but fashionable dark green tote

Who doesn’t want to be Serena Vanderwoodson from Gossip Girl, or at least dress like her? If your embracing the trends of the fall and want to recreate her iconic schoolgirl look, all you need is this plaid mini skirt which you can pair with a simple white long sleeve or if you truly want to embrace her vibe, you can pair it with this Brandy Melville sweater vest. Don’t forget a pair of stylish thigh-high boots!

If you want to embody her style and happen to need a new dress for the upcoming holiday season, especially Thanksgiving (If you know you know), you should check out this dress that we think our it-girl Serena would approve of.

Sex & The City

Carrie Bradshaw still remains one of the most stylish TV show icons because her looks just never get old! This class oversized sweater look is perfect for the cold months ahead. There are a few ways you can go about recreating this look, but we think that Carrie would appreciate a subtle nod to this look with a off-the-shoulder sweater dress. If you truly want to embody her style, I think that an oversized sweater is the way to go, specifically in the lovely shade of taupe. Pair it with a simple clutch and a fun necklace, and you have the perfect look for the holidays.

Gilmore Girls

We couldn’t complete this fall lookbook without including Rory Gilmore’s iconic fall sweater. Confidently, Artizia has an exact duplicate to this widely known sweater. You can pair this versatile sweater with a simple mini skirt to dress it up, or in true Rory fashion, a pair of dark wash bootcut jeans, like these ones from Levi’s. Don’t worry, we didn’t forget the choker! Check out this one from Princess Polly, we think that Rory would approve.