Who is winning the Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake beef?

Homecoming Game Student Section Review

Photo Courtesy of Lulu Flavin.
Photo Courtesy of Lulu Flavin.

The Friday night Homecoming game against the Zeebees of Zion-Benton High School was a good one with the Scouts taking a win 35-26. It all started with the student section filling up ten minutes before kickoff. The Scouts were in for an exciting homecoming game. 

The student section is led by seniors and Scout Nation leaders Alexandra Mower, Lulu Flavin, Lissy Blume, Campbell Allan, Tommy Hasselbring, Aiden Puthenveetil, Mason Kelly, Mahi Bhalla, Coralis Colon-Tapia.

“I think that all the students come into the game super hyped up and are super hyped up during the pep rally, but they quickly lose all of their energy which brings all of the energy in the student section down,” said Mower.

Mower was disappointed in the overall ‘hype’ of the student section throughout the game and believes that other people need to step up.

“I think our students could have done a lot better in the student section considering it was carried by the Scout Nation leaders and a lot of the students in the front were being silent. There was also a lot of split energy between the student section; some were louder than  others and I think all of the football players could benefit from a loud student section in the future,” said Mower. 

Senior and member of the LFHS Varsity Football Team, Ben Merfeld,  expressed his disappointment at the student section’s liveliness.

“On the field I could only hear the student section part of the time. I feel like they weren’t loud enough. And definitely could be louder in our upcoming home game,” said Merfeld. 

It is evident that many believe that there needs to be more excitement in the crowd and cannot simply rely on Scout Nation to carry the student section. The Scouts play Stevenson this upcoming Friday and let’s hope the student section can redeem itself.