What's your ideal spring break spot?

Quiz Corner: Which LFHS English Teacher are You?

Find out here!

Books, desserts, television shows, and hobbies–who knew that teachers could have lives outside of the confines of the high school’s walls? (Yes, it’s true. Contrary to popular belief, they do not, in fact, sleep in the school.) Just the same as you and me, our educators here at Lake Forest High School go home each day to their own homes, resume the patterns of totally-normal lives, and continue pursuing personal interests and hobbies of their own.

You may catch glimpses of it in their classroom decor (movie posters and cardboard cut-outs are typically tell-tale signs), in their subtle references, in their lunch preferences. It’s all in their plot analysis, their interpretations of fictional characters’ personalities, their side-notes scribbled onto writing workshops. The forty-five minutes of English you share each day with them are just enough to reveal tidbits of your teachers’ personalities and preferences; you’ve come to know and understand that they have their interests, and you have your own.

But, have you ever wondered just how similar you and your favorite English teachers really are? Maybe more similar than you thought.